Latest press coverage and what happens now?
The council await St Modwen’s response to concerns expressed in December’s meeting. Councillors are keen that St Modwen improves the centre in the meantime by issuing ‘meanwhile leases’ on the units.
Below is this week’s letter in the Newshopper from Lee Manor Society entitled ‘Will planners hear residents?’
In December’s meeting Cllr Bell said he had never seen an application with so many objectors. The results of Lewisham’s consultation, which was open to all to respond with the names of individual respondents kept confidential, were
For the plans
- 36 individual submissions
Against the plans
- 213 individual submissions
- 906 petition signatories
- Lee Green Assembly
- Sutcliffe and Middle Park Councillors
- Lee Manor Society
- Blackheath Society
- Lewisham Green Party
- A Better Lee Green’s survey showing 51 supporting the plans and 364 objecting to them.
- Lewisham Liberal Democrats survey showing 11 people supporting the plans and 26 objecting to them.